29 Mar Stir-fried Shrimp Chow Mein
Posted at 17:19h in Noodle Recipes
Stir-fried Shrimp Chow Mein
- AMOY Chow Mein Noodles (#06101) 2 x 5 lb Bags
- Medium Shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cut lengthwise 1 1/2 lbs
- Chinese Greens, Bok Choy or broccoli 1 1/4 lbs
- Celery, sliced diagonally 2 cups
- Red or Green Peppers, seeded and slivered 3
- Green Onions, cut into 2" sections 10
- Water or Chicken Broth 2 1/2 cups
- Mushrooms, sliced 1 cup
- Vegetable Oil 1 cup
- Soy Sauce 1 cup
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Salt 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Sesame Oil 2 Tbsp
- Ginger, minced 2 Tbsp
- Garlic, minced 1 Tbsp
- Blanch noodles in hot water for 30 seconds. Remove and drain excess water.
- Heat 1/3 cup vegetable oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add ginger, garlic, green onions and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add shrimp and stir-fry for about 2 minutes until pink. Remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining vegetable oil in skillet, add vegetables and stir-fry for about 2 minutes. Add noodles, water or chicken broth, and seasonings. Mix thoroughly and then cover skillet and allow it to simmer for about 2 minutes. Add in shrimp, toss together, remove and serve.