30 Nov Vietnamese Pho
Posted at 16:57h in Noodle Recipes
- Amoy Frozen Rice Noodle 6 oz (half a pack)
- Sliced Flank or thin sliced steak 2 oz
- Fresh Bean Sprouts 1/4 cup
- Fresh Thai Basil 0.7 oz
- Cilantro, Chopped 0.5 oz
- Scallion, Chopped 0.5 oz
- Fresh Lime 2 wedges
Quick Pho Broth
- Beef Stock 26 oz
- Onion, Sliced 1/4 cup
- Garlic, Chopped 1 tsp
- Ginger, Chopped 1 tsp
- Star Anise, Extract 1/4 tsp
- Chinese 5 spices 1/8 tsp
- Cinnamon, Ground 1/8 tsp
- Cardomon, Ground 1/8 tsp
- Chili Oil, Hot 1/4 tsp
- In a medium pot, heat oil, sauté garlic, onion and ginger, sear the beef quickly and dish up.
- Add beef stock, put all dry spices in sachet bag and add to the stock. Bring to boil and add chili oil to simmer for 25 minutes. Remove sachet bag.
- Amoy frozen rice noodle: blanch rice noodle in boiling water for 11.5 minutes.
- Drain and cool in icy cold water.
- Bring the pho broth to boil and add rice noodle until reboil. Remove from heat.
- Pour into a serving bowl. Arrange beef slices on noodles and sprinkle with scallion on top. Arrange bean sprouts, Thai Basil, Cilantro, Lime on a side plate. The guest adds the ingredients on the side plate in soup. Serve together with Hoisin and chili sauce.